Thursday, May 28, 2015

My summer bucket list




**Post disclaimer: I don't want this post to create any pinterest type guilt.. that you should be doing more , etc.  I love planning and being out of the house and being active. My kids are at a really ideal age for being out and about, and they both love to do new things. However, I remember not that long ago when my "adventures" would simply consist of surviving the day. My bucket list might have included grocery store shopping or getting dressed. I remember the first year my sister and I started coming up with a list, her kids were 2 and 4, and they were able to go and do lots of things, while I had a baby and felt super tied to the house for naps. SO, if you have kids who have a hard time leaving, or maybe you like being at home, or maybe you have difficult age kids to get out, don't dismay.. i've been there!

One of my favorite things to do with my sister is make our summer bucket list. It's so fun to dream of sunny, warm days ahead ripe of adventure. We don't always accomplish everything on our list, but it's fun to be ambitious. Without further adieu, here is my list for summer 2015.

Water fight with Heavilands & Wornicks
Touch a truck event 5/31 @ Magnuson Park 
Bowling spin alley
Seafair Blue Angels Practice at Mt. Baker Beach
Magnolia Seafair Parade 8/1 10:30am
Karaoke in Cromwell Park (Tuesday nights in July)
Jetty Island
Woodlands park in Kirkland 
Picnic at Gasworks park to watch seaplanes, then molly moons for dessert
Eat on the pink door rooftop on a sunny day 
Explore paradise valley conservation area in woodinville 
Make homemade Popsicles
Host 2 summer fun days 
Eat on the patio of elemental wood fired pizza 
Bike the iron horse tunnel trail 
Walk around gold creek pond 
Visit Bellingham and go on the lake whatcom train ride 
Key arena fountain on a hot day 
Pick a summer science experiment http://fun-a-day.com/summer-science-experiments-for-kids/
Camp in the living room 
Pick an outdoor art project http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/2014/04/15-outdoor-art-projects-kids.html
Zoo for new tiger exhibit
A farmer's market
Berry picking
Kids in Edmonds 4th of July parade
Greenlake wading pool and Zeek's pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment