Thursday, July 23, 2015

Paradise Valley Conservation Area

One of the places on my summer bucket list was the Paradise Valley Conversation Area. Paradise Valley is a  793 acre conservation area located fairly close to Woodinville, off the 522.  I'm not sure where I read about it, but it was some article about good hikes/walks with kids. My mom and I took the kids and the double stroller along the Mainline Trail, and had no problem navigating it. There were several small offshoots from the main trail that we didn't venture on because we weren't sure if we could take the stroller on it.



The mainline trail is open to mountain biking, foot traffic, as well as horses, so I imagine it might be busy on the weekend. My mom and I saw one other group of hikers, otherwise we didn't see anyone/anything else. It was a beautiful walk through dense old growth woods. There is a great spot called the clearing which is exactly what it sounds like.. a grassy clearing with some benches. We stopped and had a snack and enjoyed listening to the bird sounds all around us. We saw a couple bunnies, but no other wildlife.

We only walked about a mile down the mainline trail, but there is so much more to explore here. There are over 13 miles of trails! I always want to send my hubby back on his mountain bike.. seems like tons of possibilities!

I would definitely recommend this place for an easy way to feel in the middle of no where. My kids always love our nature adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment